Springtime brings about new recipes!
Hey brownie enthusiasts! Spring is finally here and what better way to celebrate than with a new brownie recipe? Boxed brownie mix can get boring, and that’s why it’s always a blast to try something different and more delicious.
Now, I’m all about Sweet Muse brownies, but I don’t always have their wonderful brownies on hand, and when I need brownies within a day, this recipe takes the cake, or brownie that is. So if you are in the mood to try out this fabulous recipe, then take a gander below!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
What you will need:
• 9 by 9 inch baking pan
• Aluminum foil
• 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
• 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
• 1 stick of butter (1/4 lb)
• 2/3 cup plus one tablespoon of sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/3 cup of flour
• 1 egg for less of a cake texture, 2 for more
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Line the 9 by 9 baking pan with aluminum foil (this makes for an easy clean up).
3. Put the semi and bittersweet chocolate into a microwave safe bowl with the stick of butter and melt it all together for a smooth and chocolaty mix. (Approximately 1-2 minutes in a microwave or you could use a double boiler.)
4. Mix in the sugar and salt to the barely resistible chocolate mix, followed by the egg(s) and flour. Mix it all up well.
5. Pour the mix into the pan and pop into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes (30 minutes for fudgier brownies, 35 if you want them more done).
6. Once they are done, take them out and let them cool for a few hours if you baked for only 30 minutes, or else cutting into them will result in a slight mess (It’s like waiting to cut a pie essentially).
Thank you to my high school Nutrition teacher, Mrs. Scott, for sharing this recipe, which I tweaked a bit and now share with you.